Gathering homeschool resources is easy and fun. Who doesn’t love shopping for new materials and fresh supplies?
Pulling them all together, however, is a different story. Once that box full of goodies arrives by mail and all of the shopping bags are dumped into one large heap, that’s when the hard work begins!
Which one of the curriculum products you bought should your kids start first?
How long will all of those lessons take an average kid to finish?
Do you have enough material to cover all of the subjects you had hoped to teach this year?
Should you assign all of the chapters in every single book, or just some?
Do any of the resources overlap at all? Should you combine them?
What additional supplies do you still need to buy? When do you need them by?
How much work should you assign every day? Every week? Every year?
Almost every parent faces the same challenges at the beginning of a new homeschool year. Reviewing materials, planning lessons, and scheduling the year is no small task!
Buying a comprehensive curriculum system doesn’t always guarantee the system and schedule will work for your family.
Choosing materials from many different sources means you have to develop a schedule and lesson plans entirely on your own.
That’s why I developed a new e-book called, Plan Your Own Homeschool Curriculum — the solution for creating a well-planned a cohesive homeschool year.
Plan Your Own Homeschool Year offers a system for:
- Taking inventory of homeschool materials for the year;
- Getting familiar with each specific resource, and how each should be used;
- Determining how many lessons to plan and how much material to cover each time;
- Deciding how to schedule the year and when to take time off; PLUS
- Writing up a set of lesson plans to last the whole year.
In Plan Your Own Homeschool Year, guided instruction is used to:
- Give parents a jump-start on what is covered in each homeschool book or product
- Help parents organize the year into manageable chunks, avoiding last-minute planning and frustration
- Explain how to calculate the number of lessons or number of chapters to assign every day/week
- Demonstrate how to write lesson plans to keep the year running smoothly
- Leave parents with a sense of confidence and readiness for an outstanding year!
ALL reproducible worksheets are included.
DETAILED easy-to-follow instructions make following the guide easy!
Are you ready for a well-planned homeschool year? CLICK HERE for more information!